the Ipad is an attempt by apple to make a small home computer. it is basically an upgraded version of there itouch. this product starts at 499.99 and goes over 800 depending on the version you get. for a more in depth review and pricing follow the link: Click Here
The Ipad, while a nice stab at innovation by Apple, simply does not live up to its hype. The Ipad is essentially a very very big Iphone, with a better internet connection and a few more features. I have not heard any solid arguments that justify the need to purchase an Ipad over an iphone, or even a laptop.
ReplyDeleteOne of the main drawbacks is the fact that you simply can not run multiple applications on the Ipad simultaneously, which means you can not run multiple internet browsers, you can not listen to music while you do homework (or surf facebook), or anything else that would require a second browser. There also is not a USB port, and the pad does not support flash player. All of these things combined make it hard to see the worth in buying one of these overpriced iphones over a traditional laptop. It does not even really matter that the Ipad is a good deal smaller than laptops, because there is still no way your going ot fit one in your pocket.
The new iPad is a serious breakthrough in technology. Apple has always had a niche with there products. This new iPad will sell like hot cakes because of the low entry level price and the fact people need to have it because it has a status that comes with it.
ReplyDeleteI know alot of people that are groaning about the ipad. I can definatly see where they are coming from. With some problems that STILL exhist with the ipod touch and the constant new things they are coming out with, it seems that apple is over extending themselves a bit for product availability. Also I know that I was thinking about getting the ipod touch which is at most $500, but why would I get that when I can get the ipad. I think that apple needs to spend more time on a good thing and less timee on trying to out-do other companies.
ReplyDeleteThe ipad is a really cool new gadget, but im not sure that it will become a major tool used in business. It seems to be made to be used more for casual, personal purposes. The way it stores and displays photos, and the ease of obtaining and reading books are things that I find very appealing. However, I don't feel like there is anything that it has to offer in a business context. I think that it would probably be easier to use a laptop and smartphone as you are and save yourself the money if you are interested in the ipad for a business purpose.
ReplyDelete